Guiding the framework of our overall strategy is a set of core beliefs that underpin our investment philosophy.
• Asia-Pacific is currently the world’s fastest growing region and will fuel global growth for the foreseeable future.
• Investing in Asia is complex with vast social, political and cultural diversity within its territories as well as across its borders.
• As income levels rise and living standards improve, significant growth potential will arise in certain industries and companies.Those that prosper will be the ones that can harness modern technology and integrate global best practises.
• Identifying quality companies to invest in is a critical skill and requires intensive on-the-ground research as well as sound selection criteria.
• There are valuable opportunities for well-positioned investors who understand that companies are not always priced appropriately by the market, especially in periods of high volatility.
Since we began investing in Asia more than two decades ago, we have also adopted the following principles to guide our investment process and style:
Be on-the-ground to get a real perspective
Conviction is key, Price is the signal
Take a long-term view but not a static or lazy view
Valuations are not a precise number, they’re a range of outcomes
Embrace market volatility to execute
A team-based approach builds in redundancy, objectivity and accountability